Sunday, January 27, 2013

6 months, a live-in nanny, and must-see TV

For the past two weekends I've had good intentions of posting on the blog and giving everyone an overdose of cute pictures of my handsome little fella.  BUT...this happened:

I found my new TV show obsession via Netflix.  It's dramatic and beautiful and romantic and if you're not watching you should.  Plus it comes on PBS and everyone knows watching PBS makes you smart I think.  I've spent the last two weekends catching up and now I'm ready for the new epidode that comes on tonight.  I can. not. wait. 

Moving on.  This little stinker is now half a year old.  Holy cow that happened fast!

If that face doesn't make you smile I don't know what will. 

I swear the past month Weston's development has exploded.  Overnight he started eating without spitting food all over the place, rolling EVERYWHERE, actually playing with toys (as opposed to just staring at them), and picking up anything he can get his hands on.  He also has a new-found love for the dog and it's the cutest thing ever.  Both bottom teeth started coming in this week, which explains some sleepless nights and fussiness we've experienced recently.  We're hoping that will end soon.  But overall, he has still been the sweetest, best-natured baby we could ever ask for.  All you have to do is look at him to get that huge grin to appear.  Sometimes I even catch him smiling when he's just sitting by himself.  So sweet.  I don't know how it's possible to love this boy any more than I do.

Here are a few other pics from around the house.
I love the cross-eyed face here.
"I love being naked!"

"I'm not too sure about this thing...but I'm still naked, so I guess it's cool."

"My new favorite thing is brushing my teeth...clearly I'm not a normal kid."
Also, my mom's been here from Colorado this week and it has been super-duper, stupendously, wonderfully awesome.  Like having-a-live-in-nanny awesome.  A week of not having to run around like a madwoman to get myself and the baby ready in the morning = heaven.  My dad is driving in tomorrow and both parents will be here for another week.  Score!

In other news, I've 99% convinced myself to chop off 10 inches of my hair.  This is huge.  I'll post some before and after pics if I don't chicken out.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley! He is seriously the cutest little man, ever! I need to see him soon, he has changed so much in just a few months!
    Enjoy your nanny! I bet your Mom is having so much fun.
    I cannot wait to see pictures of your hair- you are so pretty, you could shave your head and still look gorgeous!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete