Thursday, July 5, 2012

Why being pregnant is awesome...



Lately I've been feeling myself slip into the category of the grouchy hormonal pregnant girl who complains about every single ache, pound gained, and emotional issue...even though its mostly only to my mom or J.  But I don't like being that girl.  I've had to remind myself several times a day how blessed I am that I get this experience of our child growing inside me.  I have some friends and family members that I love dearly who, for whatever reason, know they will never get this chance.  Who am I to whine about how hot it is or that I can't cook dinner without feeling like I've run a marathon?  Those people would give anything to do what I'm doing right now.

So I've made a resolution to embrace everything about this experience during these final days.  All the aches and pains are a reminder of this gift I've been given.  I will cherish every kick and nudge.  I will not become upset at the number on the scale.  I will laugh about the crazy things I say and do to J when my hormones get the best of me (after the fact of course).  I will not just endure it, I will enjoy it.  And I will NOT complain...I hope.

With this in mind, I was trying to come up with reasons why, I think, being pregnant is awesome.  Here are a few:
  •  Everyone wants to talk to you about it...strangers at the gas station, Target cashiers, old men at the mall.  The belly is like a sign that says, "Come ask me my due date and share your pregancy story with me...or your wife's, cousin's, daughter's, friend's story for that matter."  I love that.
  • People do nice things for you.  One grocery store worker, after bagging my groceries, switched everything where each bag only had a couple of things in it so I wouldn't "strain the baby."  Drop something?  If someone else is around, I gaurantee they will pick it up for you.  I swear, if everyone could wear a belly around, the world would be a much nicer place. 
  • Comfortable clothes.  Enough said.
  • You pretty much have a free pass to eat and/or sit down and put your feet up...any time you want.
  • Your husband has to do housework.  It's a rule. 
  • You get to feel every move your baby makes.  When else will you be able to do that?
  • And the most obvious: when it's over you get to hold your baby.  This little miracle that you will spend the rest of your life loving. 
What's more awesome than that?

1 comment:

  1. Awwww friend! You are so close, enjoy those kicks and calories. If you need to complain, call me, I won't tell a soul!

    ReplyDelete